Primary Science Content Writer
We are looking to hire a Primary Science Content Writer to join us in our mission to educate the world. The successful candidate shall be an integral member of a team creating the primary educational content which appears on our digital education platforms.
The role will entail researching curricula, and designing and coordinating courses, as well as writing and reviewing science content for students ages 5 - 12. This includes lesson plans, questions, articles, and videos. A key aspect is to ensure all content is age appropriate and can be used by students and teachers both inside and outside the classroom.
- Write and review lesson plans to match curricula across multiple countries
- Write progressions of questions to guide students through each topic
- Write developmentally appropriate, well-structured, pedagogically rich lesson articles and question solutions
- Identify topics where content needs to be added or improved
- Suggest design changes and new features to better serve a primary-school audience
- Review all our content to ensure it is age-appropriate and in line with current educational standards
Qualifications & Work Experience
- 2+ years of experience teaching or creating educational content at a primary level (KS1 - KS2)
- Speaks English at an idiomatic level
- An undergraduate degree, GCSE or A-levels in a science subject is desired
- Expert understanding of primary pedagogy
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to learn
This is a full time (35 hours a week) position based in our Windsor office. Gross annual salary of £30,000-£36,000 and 28 days leave exclusive of bank holidays.